Become a Volunteer for La Posada Providencia
Would you like to learn more about La Posada Providencia’s mission, immigration issues related to seeking asylum in the United States and how you can make a difference? If so, take the next step to becoming a valued partner – become a
High Impact Volunteer!
High Impact Volunteers are strategic partners who stand with our staff to support our clients by volunteering at least once a week. High Impact Volunteers share our commitment to the mission and are valued partners who become an extension of our staff.
Volunteering at La Posada is a serious commitment – we trust your decision to submit an application will be made with much discernment. La Posada requires that each volunteer:
- Must be able to support our mission.
- Work at least one day per week.
- Must be at least 18 years old. Students volunteering with a parent or chaperoned group must be in high school.
- Must submit an application and be interviewed.
- Provide references and be willing to submit to criminal history background checks, and
- Must complete orientation.
The biggest benefit of an internship at La Posada is that you will gain experience in working with clients who have endured many hardships. You will learn about their journey and their struggles. You will gain knowledge concerning immigration regulations and issues. You will become a valuable asset to the daily functioning of the shelter. Interns are welcome all year long. Contact us to apply.
For volunteer opportunities and internships, contact Wanda Jackson, at 956-399-3826 or wjackson@