We ❤️ Volunteers!
Become a Volunteer
Volunteers are everyday people – teachers, church members, retirees, stay-at-home parents, doctors, and grandparents. Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart to make a difference. Becoming a volunteer with La Posada Providencia is a rewarding experience and, in many ways, impactful to refugee and asylum seekers in the United States. Volunteers are community members who share our commitment to the mission and are valued partners who become an extension of our staff- we trust your decision to apply is made with much discernment. Once becoming a volunteer with La Posada, you also become part of the La Posada family.
We are always in need of volunteers to help with:
- Perform maintenance tasks, such as electrical, painting, plumbing, etc.
- Pick-up donations of food, clothing, furniture and other goods.
- Perform reception and clerical tasks, such as answering phones, greet and assist clients, help with bulk mailing and data entry.
- Help with special annual events such as Back to School Backpack Drive, Thanksgiving and Christmas Food and Toy Giveaways and Epiphany Day Celebration.
- Assemble food baskets for low income families in the community. We hand out baskets every Thursday – this is a weekly need!
- Maintain and organize the food pantry, provide basic services coordination and referrals.
- Help organize or host special events, such as food drives or toy/clothing drives.
- Help organize fundraising events.
DOWNLOAD OUR VOLUNTEER HANDBOOK!
How to Volunteer
- Submit volunteer application below
- Complete volunteer phone interview
Once we received your application, you will receive an email with additional information.
Volunteers under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who is also an approved volunteer, at all times while volunteering.
If you are interested in volunteering, please complete the online application below.
Prerequisites to volunteer:
- Support La Posada mission and values.
- Submit an application with references and a brief telephone interview.
- Authorize a criminal history background check.
- Complete an orientation.
All ages are welcome. An adult must accompany minors. *
If you have any questions or for additional details, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at La Posada Providencia 956-399-3826 or 956- 264-3300 office or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org