September 21, 2022
La Posada Providencia
Executive Director – Job Opening
La Posada Providencia, founded and sponsored by the Sisters of Divine Providence, is a 24/7 shelter for people in crisis from around the world who are seeking legal refuge in this country. The staff provides a safe and welcoming home, and mentors to promote self-sufficiency and cultural integration.
The La Posada Providencia Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs, and strategic plan of La Posada Providencia. Duties include fiscal and operational management, supervision of staff, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the mission and vision of La Posada Providencia and the Sisters of Divine Providence are promoted and understood by employees and volunteers.
- Ensure, through collaboration with the Board, staff, and volunteers, that La Posada Providencia’s mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning, and community outreach.
- Represent La Posada to other local, regional, and national organizations and collaborates with local coalitions, networks, and work groups to identify and address the needs of asylees in the community.
- Represents La Posada to media outlets
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely manner, all information necessary for the Board to make informed decisions.
- Stay cognizant of and communicate Federal and State regulations and laws that may impact the operations of La Posada. This includes regularly informing the Board of pending changes that may impact the organization.
- Supervise and direct staff development and growth, inclusive of regular training, team building, and annual evaluations. Provide regular feedback to the staff so that they may better serve their clients. Schedule and conduct regular staff meetings.
- Prepare the annual budget in collaboration with development and financial offices for Board approval.
- Responsible for fiscal management and operation within the approved budget.
- Responsible for working with development and fundraising teams in the areas of grants, appeals, sustained giving, and acknowledgment of gifts and donations.
- Oversee the tracking and reporting of all donations, gifts, fundraising activities, and grant receipts consistent with La Posada’s written Financial Procedures.
- In conjunction with the Site Coordinator, oversee maintenance and development of the land, buildings, and equipment.
- Responsible, together with staff, for providing a safe, caring environment for the day-to-day needs of all La Posada clients.
- Ultimately responsible for the 24/7 operation of La Posada.
Position Classification: Full-time (40 Hours)
Position: Salaried Non-Exempt Supervisor Relationship: Reports directly to La Posada Providencia Board of Directors x September 21, 2022
- B.A. or B.S. in Administration, Social Service, or related field; a Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Three or more years of leadership and non-profit experience.
- Ability to oversee, supervise and collaborate with staff, do team building, mentoring, personnel evaluations, regular training, and education.
- Cross-cultural openness is a requisite; bilingual (English-Spanish) proficiency preferred
- Strong organizational skills.
- Good oral and written communication is essential for acting as a spokesperson, developing press releases, participating in interviews, and working with media representatives.
- Three professional references.
If interested, send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com