Job Title: Development/Volunteer Coordinator
La Posada Providencia is an emergency shelter for immigrants in crisis who are seeking legal refuge in the United States of America. The Development/Volunteer Coordinator works within various organizations to secure funding and sponsorships. The Development/Volunteer Coordinator assists with community outreach efforts, fundraising, coordinates the volunteer and intern program, and assists the Executive Director, as required.
1. Participates in the annual fundraising event by planning, organizing, implementing, recruiting volunteers, meeting with the advancement committee, and documenting work.
2. Assists with community outreach efforts.
3. Helps with marketing (e.g., social media, weekly newsletter, taking pictures, collecting stories and quotes, etc.).
4. Coordinates the volunteer and internship program by recruiting, retaining, giving recognition, training, recording hours, and leading tours.
5. Writes job descriptions for volunteer positions (e.g., short-term and long-term volunteers,), conducts background checks, evaluates performance, and provides feedback.
6. Other functions as needed
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field
- Foster positive relationships with current and potential partners
- Work closely with the team to establish plans for marketing events and programs.
- Ability to work well with a team.
- 1-3 years of job-related experience, e.g., working in a nonprofit environment, managing volunteers, writing, or handling grants, and leading teams.
- Experience in prioritizing and managing projects efficiently.
- Professional written and interpersonal skills
- Experience planning large-scale events and fundraisers.
- Ability to generate interest in the company or program and reach out to appropriate business partners.
- Experience working with a diverse team and promoting a positive brand image.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Other functions as needed
- Volunteers at large.
- Executive Director
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, walk, communicate and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Hourly; Weekends may be required; Must be available for special events.
- Some Travel may be required
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Proficiency in Spanish-English.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org