November 30, 2022
Job Title: Executive Assistant (Business, Program, and Operations Assistant)
The Executive Assistant supports the Program & Operations by assisting all the Departments. The E.A. primarily manages accounts payable and the recording and reporting of hours necessary for grant compliance. The E.A. will also perform other administrative duties that support the client program and development efforts.
- Participates in the grant process by preparing proposal budgets, ensuring contract compliance, and assisting with
- Assists Accountant with clerical work involving the payroll process, banks statement classification, donation
classification and reports, accounts payable, and other tasks necessary to meet audit needs.
- Helps the Executive Director with recording donations, bank deposits when necessary & other duties as assigned.
- Manages the procurement & purchasing of all needs, supplies and equipment (e.g. office, shelter, program, etc.).
- Accounts Payable duties, such as paying bills, archiving receipts, logging expenses and In‐Kind Donations.
- Oversees contractors. This includes but it is not limited to the procurement process, ensuring timely payment,
supervising projects, and holding contractors accountable.
- Supports program by ensuring the proper reporting of monthly outcomes (e.g. clients served, services provided,
mileage logs, meal counts, bed nights, volunteer hours, etc.)
- Collaborates with Development for Social Media & fundraising (Take photographs, make interviews, write stories).
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree in business or a related field
- 1–3 years of work experience in an administrative/office management role
- Must have exceptional attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills, and ability to prioritize
- Must be a self-starter and driven
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical abilities
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and Google products
Supervisory Responsibility (Eventually):
- Supervises Shelter Leader
- Supervises Facility Manager/Site Coordinator
- Program Assistant
Who Does the Position report to:
- Operations Manager
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is frequently required to stand, sit, walk, communicate and hear. The employee is frequently required
to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch,
or crawl. The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type (classification)/ Expected Hours of Work:
- Exempt; Regular Work Hours – Full time (40 hours/week)
- Some travel may be required
- Able to adapt easily to change, and willing to help when and where needed.
- The ability to listen and teach and the willingness to learn are essential.
- Bilingual (English & Spanish)
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
If interested, send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com